PLEASE NOTE: The following information does not constitute legal advice in any way. All content is the copyright of Family Mediation Brisbane and must not be in any way reproduced without prior written permission. All rights are reserved.
Family Dispute Resolution
Family Dispute Resolution or Family Mediation is the process through which parents in conflict can meet, discuss and reach agreement on parenting issues and financial matters, all with the assistance of an objective and neutral third party in a calm and professional environment.
Initially, the mediator interviews each parent separately before scheduling the mediation.
The mediation occurs through the following process:
This process is usually conducted with both parents present with the mediator in the same room, although mediation can also occur via telephone, Skype or a shuttle mediation process using separate rooms for parents. The mediator decides how best to conduct the mediation after the initial interview with each parent.
To start the mediation process, simply complete the form:
More Information on Mediation & Family Dispute Resolution
- Family Dispute Resolution
- Parenting Plans
- Financial Agreements
- Child-Inclusive Mediation
- Section 60I Certificates
- Child Support
- Child Support Calculator
- De Facto Relationships & Separation
- Divorce & Mediation
- Grandparents & Mediation for Grandchildren
- Parenting Plan & Draft Consent Orders for Children
- Property Settlement at Mediation
- Mediation & Domestic Violence
- Relocation & Overseas Travel with a Child
- Going to the Family Court versus Mediation
- Family Dispute Resolution & Mediation
- Child Support & Mediation
DISCLAIMER: The information contained on this website is for general guidance only. No person should act or refrain from acting on the basis of this information. Professional legal advice should be sought based upon your particular circumstances, because laws and regulations undergo frequent changes.